Media Access Approval Process and Guidelines
ACFX is more than happy to provide opportunities for media outlets to cover our events. To qualify as a media outlet, you must belong to or own an organization that specializes in producing, broadcasting, writing, recording, or otherwise creating content meant to be shared with a large, public audience. Our terms are vague to encompass all forms of media, but our requests and rules for coverage are specific. Please read and understand all terms outlined below prior to applying.
- Well-established, professionally-certified, and accredited outlets in print, radio, television, and online publishing mediums may qualify for two free press badges.
- Personal blogs, branded YouTube channels, newly-established websites, self-published podcasts and genre-specific organizations and outlets may qualify for a discounted fee-based press badge(s).
- If accepted based on criteria #1 above, YOU MUST provide a business card which includes your name, the name of your media outlet and a photo ID that matches the name on the business card and this application. Official Media credentials may also function as your business card If you are accepted based on criteria #2, you may be requested to provide a photo ID.
- Exceptions and additional press passes will be provided on a limited, as-requested basis.
- All interviews, photographs, and video footage with celebrity/media guests must be pre-arranged and pre-approved by the ACFX Communications Director. Interviews may not be conducted without pre-written approval from ACFX .
- Media credentials will be granted only to those outlets interested in providing significant media coverage for ACFX and ACFX -related events and news items.
- Editors, reporters, producers, camera crews and still photographers may qualify for press credentials. Only currently working members of the media will be granted press credentials.
- Prior media credential approval does not guarantee media credential renewal. If ACFX finds that, for any reason, coverage obligations have not been met in the past, it may choose to not renew media credentials.
- Live broadcasts for TV, YouTube, Twitch.tv, radio, and podcasting must be arranged and pre-approved by the ACFX Communications Director.
- On-site signage is permitted only for exhibiting and sponsoring media.
- Please be prepared to provide a business card or media credentials along with a Photo ID.
- We request that all media produced in regards to ACFX be provided to us. This serves two purposes: One, so we will know it exists, and two, we can promote your content (hey, that’s what we do right?)
Media Coverage Regulations
- Media equipment is allowed in the showroom only during designated show hours and media hours unless pre-approved arrangements are made with the ACFX Communications Director.
- No media organization may take photographs or record images of, or otherwise use, an exhibitor’s booth or media/celebrity guest without the knowledge and consent of the exhibitor.
- Media outlet staff, including camera crews, may not block the flow of traffic for any extended period of time for any reason.
- All photographs or footage taken at ACFX may be used for editorial purposes only. All other uses, including commercial, must be pre-approved.
- No video footage of ACFX live entertainment events including concerts, panels, workshops, or interactive exhibits, may be taken without pre-approval.
ACFX reserves the right to deny press credentials at any time for any reason, including failure to show significant efforts to cover and promote ACFX events and news items. All reports and ACFX coverage cannot contain proprietary information without pre-written approval from ACFX. ACFX reserves the right to change qualifications of media representation without notice at any time. Your contact information may be shared with our industry exhibitors and guests.